Old 05-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default FB Wood-Fired Newsletter

We have kicked off a fun new project -- the Wood-Fired Newsletter. It is an email newsletter with techniques, recipes, products, special promos, etc. The idea is to make it fun and educational. We are using a very high quality email services company, and so far, it's going really well.

If you get a copy of the newsletter, let us know what you think -- and make recommendations for future content. It has to be useful.

I had to make some changes to FB.com to make it work, along with doing the newsletter template and contact management set up -- but we're good to go now. I think I'm ready to start the Video Series. At least I will be when we finish painting the kitchen. More on that later....

We're open for recommendations.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: FB Wood-Fired Newsletter

How bout Jim's Corner?

A nice insert on bread baking every issue.

I'd read it.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 05-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

And a question and answer section....

My costs:

My pics:

Old 05-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

There is an FAQ on FB.com that I wrote about four years ago. :-) Maybe it's time to revive it -- I hope it's still accurate; it could use to work. If we polish it up, it would make a good newsletter article.

Pizza Oven FAQ: Ask the Pizza Oven Experts

James

Old 05-17-2008, 12:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Its just an idea, but how about an article featuring a particular oven each time?

How often will it be sent out - once a week/month/year...?
Old 05-17-2008, 03:43 AM
Master Builder

What are you going to call it?

Let's have a newsletter naming contest! (More buckshot flour?)

Has it gone out yet?
Old 05-17-2008, 05:36 AM
Journeyman

Sounds like a plan to me. When can I expect to see it? Do I need to make any changes on my profile to make sure I get it or is it going to everybody?

My 44" oven in progress...

Old 05-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Journeyman

How do we get the newsletter? Does it automatically go to our email or do we need to sign up...?

Thanks
Dick

Sounds like a great idea.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Because the Forum has a "do not send me email" option (opt out) -- Forum members are on the delivery list automatically. That is unless you checked that box. :-)

We are working through some delivery issues with the mail management company, but you should see it (if you haven't yet) in a couple of days. The lists are pretty long, and we want to get it right. We've send about 1/4 of the newsletters so far.

Let me know when you get it, and what you think. We will be adding sections based on Forum input in future Issues. It will be monthly.

James.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Master Builder

I got it. It looks great. I like the layout. It's brevity is also nice. I would rather have a few topics of focus, rather than long didactics. I receive too many newsletters that I simply don't read because they are too long.