Old 04-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Serf

Default Complete Newbie

I am at the very beginning of getting ready to build an oven. Just reading, researching, looking at pictures and trying to take it all in.

I would like to build an oven that we can use for ourselves and for small dinner groups at our home and also for making bread that I could sell locally at the farmers market and at the kiosk on our place here in the country.

I am torn between building a Paul Scott type oven or a Pompeii type oven - but am leaning toward the Pompeii type.

At this point I am still a little confused but have at least picked out a couple of spots where I could build it - I think.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Complete Newbie

You'll find plenty of Pompeii-style aficionados here! I suppose it comes down to how much bread you want to make. The Pompeii style is a good balance between quick start-up (for those dinner parties) but enough retained heat to bake a few batches of bread. You can always add some thermal mass if you want more retained heat for more batches.
Welcome to the forum!
Daren

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.