Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Introductions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ogorir

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Laborer

Default Another Central Texas build

Hi guys,
I've started building a 40" corner-set Pompeii and currently having a blast. I've got my block stand done to 4 courses and from there I'm going to corbel out another 2.5" with brick and aim for a 44.8" floor height (32" concrete block, 4 courses of kingsize brick= 12.8"). I'm going to set my top slab down inside the brick so the oven floor is flush with the table surface.

I'm planning on stuccoing the exposed block to match the house (cream yellow) and stuccoing the dome igloo-style.

I'm going to need a bit of help designing my arches, as I'd really like to use tudor/4 centered arches for the wood storage (23" opening) and oven(20"). the wood storage arch will be well-supported laterally by the mouth of the concrete block stand with poured cores on the ends, but I assume I'll need to buttress the oven opening.

Anyway,
I've already learned a ton of stuff lurking, and of course the wonderful free plans... are wonderful and free?
I'll start a thread in the pompeii forum tomorrow when I have some more current pictures.
texman likes this.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Another Central Texas build

I saw your base pictures and thought I'd see how you were progressing, I love the base and can't wait to see more. I hope you post here regularly as you go and good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Another Central Texas build

Thanks Xene. I'm taking pictures as I go, at least one at the end of the day, and I'm going to try to keep uploading them daily. I'm hoping to pour my top slab on Saturday, then I really need to find a local source for insulation!