Old 05-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Serf

Default Secret to setting Toscana oven

Recently I received a Toscana 90 on a pallet. I inquired as to how to set on the stand and did not receive much information.

Well the oven arrived and after some thought I used a fork lift, removed the wooden runners on the bottom and tried to figure out how to get the forks out so the oven set flat.

I bought four bags of crushed ice and placed two bags of ice along each fork on the stand. I lowered the oven on the ice bags and removed the forks. zIt was easy to adjust the location of the oven on the stand and when the ice melted the oven was flat on the stand, right where I wanted it.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Secret to setting Toscana oven

I like that
Old 05-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Brilliant!! For some of us though, the way the weather has been, the ice would not melt until August.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Great idea! I've heard of guys aligning large outdoor kitchen granite countertops on ice cubes and once the ice melts you're good to go. If I ever have to replace the soapstone slabs in my oven I'm gonna have to slide them out on a cookie-sheet slab of ice or else leave them in there.