Old 04-24-2008, 05:37 AM
Apprentice

Default New book on Amazon

Dear All,

The Ultimate Wood-fired Oven Book by Anna Carpenter - sounds very relevant to this audience.

Has anybody seen this book - as in: looked inside it?

Any reviews?

Best wishes,
W.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:05 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: New book on Amazon

Here's a link. Looks intriguing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Master Builder

In a sour mood take with a grain of salt:

Looks like a glorified cook book and childhood memories to me. Not too fond of the photo of possibly the author or authors daughter pulling out an entree from an oven. The person in the photo looks like a prop rather than an aritsan. I think the FB site has proven recipes and correct me if I am wrong - has not James put together an ebook of the best recipes for the ovens? If not maybe it is time for a Best FB Recipe E-Book 2000-2007.

here is a quote from the publishers web site
Join Anna Carpenter as she shares memories of growing up in Italy, where great meals were enjoyed around the fire with family and friends. Wood-fired ovens are enormously popular today because of who the unique taste only real wood fire can instill. This book equips you with information to successfully choose, install, and use your own wood-fired oven. Great tips concerning different kinds of insulation, tools, cooking techniques, and recipes. Step-by-step guidelines and plans for building are included. Great photos will inspire you to design the perfect setting for your oven, suited to your needs and budget.

I really should stay away from the keyboard when I am running a flu

virtual look inside... www schifferbooks com/newschiffer/sub_images.php?isbn=9780764329166

Last edited by jengineer; 04-24-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: added in tough love link to virtual look inside
Old 04-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Master Builder

If nothing else, it will drive traffic to FB!

Old 04-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

It will be interesting to read.

On a side note, Mary Karlin, our contact at Ramekins cooking school and the gal who manages the FB oven program has a contract in-hand from 10 Speed Press and is writing another wood-fired oven cookbook. 10 Speed does great work, and I am optimistic.

Mary and I are cooking at our oven here in PB in the next few weeks. She also contributed a couple of recipes for our wood-fire cooking eBook.

The good news is that our little hobby is getting more popular every day. I think all of the cookbooks and outdoor kitchen how-to books are good for all of us. Yeah.

James