Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Tools, Tips and Techniques

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mingy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Laborer

Default My Pizza 'Rack'

Our oven is about 50 feet from the house and this presented some logistical challenges getting the pizza back and forth (especially when hot).

So I got the idea to build a 'pizza rack'. I probably saw one somewhere (maybe here) once, so I doubt it original. However, just in case, this is what it looks like. The cook preps the pizzas and puts them on the pans. Moving the uncooked and cooked pizzas this way is a lot easier, keeps them clean, and takes less counter space.

We have 12" diameter pizza pans so I made the thing 13" on a side. I probably should have gone about 12.5" and I will probably put a thin strip down the middle so the pans don't wobble so much. The racks are identical 1" x 1/16" aluminum angle while the back uprihttp://www.fornobravo.com/forum/images/editor/attach.gifghts are 1" x 1/8" angle and the sides are 1" x 1/8" bar. I could have gone 1/16" throughout.

Of course it can be scaled for as many pizzas as you want or as large or small pans as you want. The whole thing is pop riveted so it is pretty easy to make. I think it took me a total of 90 minutes from scratch.

If anybody is interested I could make a little tutorial.
Attached Thumbnails
My Pizza 'Rack'-p1020192.jpg  
dvm likes this.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Pizza 'Rack'

That is a nice piece of equipment.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Apprentice

Here is a picture of our pizza rack, it is 60" high and can hold 17 12", or combination of smaller pizzas at a time. I work at a grocery store, they throw display racks away all the time, with a little modification it turned out great. Allways ask permission if you see a desireable rack behind a grocery store, it might not be trash.
Attached Thumbnails
My Pizza 'Rack'-100_1506.jpg  
Old 07-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

My wife used to have a great rack, but now it's pretty old and has shrunk quite a lot and doesn't stand up so well.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
My wife used to have a great rack, but now it's pretty old and has shrunk quite a lot and doesn't stand up so well.
I thought my wifes rack had shrunk too. But, I think it is that the buns are bigger, making them appear that way .
EDIT: OOPS! Wrong forum .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
I thought my wifes rack had shrunk too. But, I think it is that the buns are bigger, making them appear that way .
EDIT: OOPS! Wrong forum .
Yes, heavy buns have a tendency to collapse an old rack.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Master Builder

......always ask permission if you see a desirable rack.......!!!!