Old 09-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Apprentice

Default My Insblock 19 got wet

The storm was coming and we hadn't had rain in quite some time, so I wasn't prepared. I have a 4 inch concrete pad with 2 inches of insblock19 on top of it and then my floor and walls in progress. The storm was mighty and big. I quickly put a piece of plywood on top of course 7 and then a tarp, I followed with another tarp, only to find the next day that something had failed and my 2 inch insblock19 had been saturated, at least at the edges by water. The build is 3/4 over. Should I pull the plug? My gut says screw it. Go with it and any water trapped will work its way out during firings. What say you?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 09-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Insblock 19 got wet

Tom,

I left some block out all winter with weight on top of it as a test. When it dried it was in good shape - keep going.

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:53 AM

Yes, insblock19 is good stuff. My oven was semi-exposed all winter with no degradation of the insulation layer at all.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Laborer

Yay. Good to hear. I want to start my build while my concrete is still curing and I am whetting it down.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Journeyman

Ive soaked CalSil board in a bucket of water for several days, dried it out, and it was as good as new. Tough stuff.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermoJax View Post
The storm was coming and we hadn't had rain in quite some time, so I wasn't prepared. I have a 4 inch concrete pad with 2 inches of insblock19 on top of it and then my floor and walls in progress. The storm was mighty and big. I quickly put a piece of plywood on top of course 7 and then a tarp, I followed with another tarp, only to find the next day that something had failed and my 2 inch insblock19 had been saturated, at least at the edges by water. The build is 3/4 over. Should I pull the plug? My gut says screw it. Go with it and any water trapped will work its way out during firings. What say you?

Thanks,

Tom

There is nothing much wrong with it so you can easily go with it.
All the best..