Old 06-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Journeyman

Default mortar gun

Hi there!

Stumbled upon this neat gadget at my local Bunnings store today and saw at once how it might be used to patch tricky holes inside my oven...

The Craftech (PRC) tool cost $25, is made from sturdy plastic, has a piece of copper nozzle that can be shaped to suit the width of the gap/joint to be filled.

Very neat idea, I thought... Incidentally, it is made for bricklayers for re-pointing mortar joints

Cheers,

LMH

NB: We've had almost two weeks of steady gently winter rain until today, so no more work on the landscaping, let alone oven firings...
Attached Thumbnails
mortar gun-img_1212.jpg   mortar gun-img_1213.jpg  
Old 06-13-2008, 05:19 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: mortar gun

I will have to look into that product. When we repointed our building I looked for mortar guns but all I found was expensive motorized ones.
Excellent post!
Dutch