Old 01-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Serf

Default idea for a form

I would like to run this idea in front of you folks it is a movable form. picture it as a sort of a pizza slice of a semi sphere that you turn as you build up each course of bricks. You make it so that it is the correct height so you know in advance that the size will be correct and since it is a form there is no guess work. Fitting bricks is easier as is getting the proper angles. The first several courses will go fast and the upper courses would be fully supported until dry enough to move the form. At the end you just unscrew the shaft and take the form out through the opening of the oven. You should be able to finish the courses right up to the fitting of the keystone. It would only take a sheet metal or body work guy a short time to do this piece of metal. As for me i think i could do it fairly easily and as soon as i build one i will post pics of it. Until then i am including a rough sketch. with this post. Id love to know what you think of this and if you have ever seen something like this already made. the folks on this forum are a clever lot so I am looking forward to your comments
Attached Thumbnails
idea for a form-oven-form.jpg  

Last edited by CapeFearHydroGardens; 01-04-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: picture too small
Old 01-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Serf

Default Re: idea for a form

sorry the sketch was too small here it is bigger
Attached Thumbnails
idea for a form-oven-form.jpg  
Old 01-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Are you trying to achieve something as simple as this?
Attached Thumbnails
idea for a form-form.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Serf

not quite i wanted it to be wider so you could do a few more bricks at a time this seems to be just for one brick at a time but i would guess its the same basic idea
Old 01-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The brick self-support, the form is just to keep you on shape.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeFearHydroGardens View Post
not quite i wanted it to be wider so you could do a few more bricks at a time this seems to be just for one brick at a time but i would guess its the same basic idea
This is what I used a while back. Two pieces of 2" rigid foam insulation board, screwed together. It took about 10 minutes to make.

idea for a form-top-course-form-8-.jpg

idea for a form-p9010019.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 01-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeFearHydroGardens View Post
I was setting my bricks with hot melt glue - one at a time was about all I could handle.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:07 AM
Serf

Great ideas and pictures for shaping that dome. Appreciate the thread.