Old 07-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Smile I basically have an e-book written about brickwork

Last weekend we had lunch with our son and his girlfriend, while sitting chatting over lunch he mentioned about a story he read where some other guy was selling e-books on Google and doing alright from it.
Talking more got me thinking and I mentioned I basically have an e-book written about brickwork, and that I may just pursue this idea.

Has anyone written one, any tips etc?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: I basically have an e-book written about brickwork

Ok, Ill add the tips.

You have to have some sort of epublisher and editor, the best one Ive found, and its free, is Sigil, itll save in the international format of epub
You can download it here
sigil - A WYSIWYG ebook editor. - Google Project Hosting
You will need some basic HTML skills to run it properly.

If you register with Amazon you can get a free reader to preview your book in the Kindle format.
All pics need to be smaller than 600 wide, and if they have a caption it has to be underneath otherwise the pics shows without it.

Last edited by brickie in oz; 07-16-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Once published to Amazon Kindle the book takes 24 hours for review to become live, the cover you make for the book wont be the cover that will show so you have to resubmit a cover.

Then wait another 24 hours for the book to go live.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Apprentice

What a great idea good luck with it and thanks for sharing the info.
I collect whisky adverting and have a very basic website so perhaps one day I might be inspired and do an ebook as well.

Here's my site whisky jugs

Very basic site i know and in need of an update.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice Oscar, we collect a bit of stuff ourselves.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Apprentice

Thanks Al
It's time consuming so I tend to get slack and not keep the site updated for long periods. It also needs reworking as I'm not completely happy with it.

Do you plan on selling the ebook for a small fee per download?
If you add recipes as well I'm sure it'll be a hit as I find there is not a lot out there when it comes to cooking in a wood fire oven.
I went to borders (book store) last year and they had a huge cook book section yet I couldn't find a single book about cooking in a WFO.

I bought (online) The Ultimate Wood Fire Oven book by Anna Carpenter and found it didn't live up to all the hype.
The book has a bit about building an oven, recipes and photos of different builds.
Making an oven wasn't informative enough and didn't touch on fire brick ovens just modular ovens. The recipe section was small and the photos section wasn't informative enough as it didn't have any info on oven size or type.

Some say this book is the best out there which gives you an idea on how neglected this area of cooking and building is. Since buying the book and spending 1 hour reading it it's been put aside and not touched.
If it wasn't for this site i would never of had the confidence on doing my own build.

Good luck with it all and keep us updated.

Last edited by OscarA; 07-19-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Im now thinking of writing an eBook about how to ePublish.
Its taken me ages to get my head around getting to this stage....

Old 07-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Journeyman

Brickie,

Start with the brick book, get some success and then write the epublish book so you can point out the traps int he epublishing gig. Then I can email you another channel that you can post about your ebook on for folks that eat that stuff up and will pay for it.

Follow my build
Old 07-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Like my son said, once published you will be another struggling author trying to make a buck.