Old 07-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Laborer

Default Husky 7 Bearing replacement

Hi

I just bought a used HD husky THD950 wetsaw. Itís in good working condition, almost new, but I anticipate that I will kill it somewhere along the way. I will be using it for at least 3 projects: patio pavers, WFO, and retiling of at least one bathroom in that order. Actually the patio and the WFO will be at the same time. I did a little research and I have a link to a tile forum where one of the posters has figured out how to replace the bearings on the saw. This is a major wear component besides the blade and not that expensive to replace if you know how. Here is the link:
Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile - Husky Wet Tile Saw

Look for the post by antman about ĺ of the way down. Pretty good instructions. I hope it helps you guys.

Regards
Larry
Old 07-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Husky 7 Bearing replacement

Looks like my old MK 470....was a great saw (cut hundreds of tile on many projects over many years)......sorry to say, about 12 firebricks killed it (bearings were going bad prior to the firebricks). Bought the 10" HF saw....a 10" saw makes a world of difference in cutting bricks.

RT
Old 07-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Husky 7 Bearing replacement

MK's are work horse and depending on how you killed it you can probably fix it. My Porter -Cable 15 yr old router was squeeling like a banshee. just needed new bearings.

je