Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default HF tile/brick saw, pump in external reservoir

I've read the suggestion of putting the pump in an external bucket to keep it from clogging up with brick dust/clay. I'm confused how the water system remains "closed" in this configuration. All the water is transferred from the external bucket to the saw's water-tray, but then never back to the bucket again. How does this work?

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread:

Old 10-26-2009, 05:24 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: HF tile/brick saw, pump in external reservoir

Hey Keb,
Adding the bucket your just using fresh water, not a closed system anymore.... you refill the 5 gal bucket with fresh water as needed and the tile saw just overflows/drains onto the ground..

Cheers
Mark
Old 10-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

So don't use it in the basement then. I'll come up with something, maybe notch the tray so it overflows at a single point, then put a bucket under it on the ground.

Whatever...just wondering how it works. I have a picture now.

Thanks.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 10-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Master Builder

You can have a steady stream of new water going into the bucket with a hose, if you want to....

Old 10-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhansen View Post
You can have a steady stream of new water going into the bucket with a hose, if you want to....
That's how I did mine, unless I was just doing a couple quick cuts. Worked really well.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Journeyman

I kept the plug in the tray so that it captured all of the saw residue. I just scooped it out periodically. I now have a five gallon bucket full of fire clay to use when I build another one.

Joe
Old 10-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

A wet saw indoors gets a bit messy, even if you recirculate the water in the tray you still have to contend with the spray going all over. The closest I have come to indoor use is my attached garage (cars pulled out in the driveway of course).

RT
Old 10-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

If it doesn't have a plug, tilt it back and to the side just a little so that the water runs out of the corner into the bucket. The pumps don't really clog anyway so long as you freshen the water occasionally.

As an FYI, I save all of the brick dust for a gauging and colorant material. Who can guess what this is:
Attached Thumbnails
HF tile/brick saw, pump in external reservoir-mysterypic1.jpg  
Old 10-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yeah, it has a plug, I forgot. I only just put it together last night. I haven't even turned it on yet.

Thanks.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 10-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
Who can guess what this is:
Polar region of Mars?