Old 01-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Fill underside gaps where dome meets arch?

Note the following interior shot of my oven. I have already received one comment suggesting that I fill those gaps. They are large enough that I would attempt to fill them by cutting appropriate bricks, not by just filling with solid mortar. My thinking is that filling the gaps will help smoke flow more smoothly out the door and that it might mitigate some edge spalling in the relevant area.

I'm just looking for confirmation or disagreement with the idea. How have others with completed ovens handled this and what has been your experience or post-analysis of it?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Fill underside gaps where dome meets arch?-164-archbackside.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread:

Old 01-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Fill underside gaps where dome meets arch?

Before this thread gets started, I would like to point out that it is admittedly somewhat redundant with a side-thread in my primary build-diary thread. It starts at the following URL:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/21/3...e-7878-23.html (36" in Seattle)

I created a new thread here specifically for the purpose of having a thread on this topic and with a relevant subject heading so that searches in the future will find it more easily.

...but perhaps it's just needlessly repetitive.

Therefore, rather than actually offering any responses here, I urge people to follow the link posted above and post there, since the discussion has already gained some traction there anyway.

It still might be appropriate to leave this thread in place however, as state for the purpose of improving future search results.

WFO Webpage:

Thread: