Old 01-15-2007, 03:20 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Il Pizzaiuolo -- Florence

Following the story about Pizzeria Bianco, I have a new story about lines for good pizzeria. We tried to eat at Pizzeria Pizzaiuolo in Florence on Saturday night and got completely shut out. We walked up about 9:30PM, and there was a group (Italians don't really do "lines") outside waiting to get it. I worked my way into the restaurant and asked, and the waiter said "maybe" around 11PM. We ate at a Trattoria around the corner, and walked back past the Pizzeria at a little past 11PM, and there was still a group of folks outside waiting to get in. A fun place, and very well reviewed pizza -- and it was literally packed.

This is the second time we have not gotten in. And it was an typical Saturday in January. Wow.

If I was a Market Trend watcher, I would definitely be predicting the continued rise of "authenic" pizzerias world-wide.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.