Old 10-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Brick oven restaurants in Delta Sky Magazine

The October 2009 issue of SKY magazine (Delta's inflight mag) has a nice feature on three WFO pizza joints. Nice pictures.

Go Here: Welcome | Delta Sky Magazine + deltaskymag.com, travel destinations, blogs, contests and offers from Delta Airlines

Click the cover of this month's edition (October - Melissa Etheridge is on the cover) or click the back issues button. You have to read it in their weird, PDF-like proprietary reader, but it's a good article.

Dining section, page 85: "Three Perfect Pizzerias".
Page 88 has an excellent picture of what the fire in your oven should look like while you are cooking (it's more ferocious than my fires have been!).

Glad I had something INTERESTING to read on our flight to Orlando last week!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Brick oven restaurants in Delta Sky Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post

Glad I had something INTERESTING to read on our flight to Orlando last week!
Aren't you supposed to be flying the plane?

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Aren't you supposed to be flying the plane?
LOL... This was a family trip to Disney. I was sittin' with the Riff-Raff tending to the Rug Rats.

Updated!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

That is definitely a weird PDF reader -- but a nice article, and the photos were very cool. Ken, you didn't by any chance have a flight to Minneapolis recently......? :-)
James

Old 11-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I was a little worried like Les. I was afraid you were going to mention your laptop and a heated discussion about WFOs vs. gas ovens, with the co-pilot/first officer.

RT
Old 11-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Ken, you didn't by any chance have a flight to Minneapolis recently......? :-)
NOT ME!
I fly for UPS. We stay awake, keep our minds on the task at hand and get the packages to where they need to go!

...Moving at the Speed of Business.

Updated!