Old 04-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Apprentice

Default Arocodoro/Pomodoro

Hey all...ate at a great restaurant in Dallas last night called Arcodoro/Pomodoro. They have one in Houston too. It's owned by a couple of brothers from Sardinia and they have a wood burning oven. The good news is that they burned wood in it...no gas! The bad news is I don't think it was hot enough to cook pizza. That being said, the pizza was still really good. I had a Margherita made with buffalo mozzarella and the cheese was awesome. They had great pastas and awesome desserts.

I wouldn't say it was the best pizza ever - but definitely good. But what I am definitely going back for is the ribeye. They actually cook the ribeye, from start to finish on the floor of the oven - not on a tuscan grill. I've never seen it done that way before and it looked and smelled fantastic. Has anyone ever cooked meet directly on the oven floor?? I am definitely trying it next time!!

So if you are in Dallas, now you have to add Arcodoro/Pomodoro to you list. Also heard that Olivella is opening on Monday (Salvatore Olivella from NYC - family related to Trianon in Naples!! Hope it's true because that sounds good!)

Jay
Old 04-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Arocodoro/Pomodoro

I know someone mentioned cooking lamb chops directly on the hearth...I have been keeping that idea in my mind and hope to give it a try.

Drake