Old 06-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default White bean and arugola gratin -- wow.

I broke in (not figuratively) a couple of new Forno Bravo terracotta pans yesterday on a four course meal completely out of the oven. We were really happy with it. Photos to come.

Roast chicken with mushrooms and a little white wine and tomatoes
White bean and arugola gratin
Lentils
Cold grilled eggplant and red pepper salad
Focaccia

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 06-12-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Which pan did you use to roast the chicken. How big a bird was it? I must be able to make the Zuni Cafe roast chicken. That is how I got interested in wood burning ovens to begin with!!

Drake
Old 06-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Drake,

It's the new, big 12.5" casserole. I cut the chicken into pieces, and was able to fit the whole bird in one layer in the pan -- which is what I wanted, for browning all at once. It was really good (although my wife reminds me that you aren't suppose to say your own cooking was good). Here's a photo.

I used the lid after everything was brown, and the sauce came out well. The big casserole would definitely take a whole chicken with room on the sides for vegetables.

James
Attached Thumbnails
White bean and arugola gratin -- wow.-1.jpg   White bean and arugola gratin -- wow.-2.jpg   White bean and arugola gratin -- wow.-3.jpg   White bean and arugola gratin -- wow.-4.jpg