Old 08-23-2008, 04:58 AM
Apprentice

Default Success!

Last nite had an impromptu get together with my wifes family. (13 guests!) Anyway, I fired the oven when I got home from work, made dough the day before and it was rising in the fridge. I've been using larger dough balls (390g) because I've had a few issues with tearing, when I'm trying to spin the pizza's. They worked out fantastic! One was a white pizza, which consisted of olive oil, fresh garden tomatoes, fresh rosemary, parsely, oregano, basil, salt & pepper and the other was a cheese with red sauce made with san marzano tomatoes & spices. The rims sprung up and the pizzas were cooked perfectly, my first total success. After that, I had two large bread doughs, a little over 2#'s each to cook, once the oven cooled a little. I threw them in once the oven floor was under 500*. It took a while for that. They turned out wonderful also. I mixed up some fresh herbs with olive oil for a dipping sauce, and one of the loaves went last nite. Thank goodness I have one left! I think I'm finally getting a handle on how this is done.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Success!

Nice, I too am getting to the point where the pizza party is very low stress. We had 12 people last night, made the dough the night before...it all went off without a hitch, except for some pesky rain...

Drake