Old 02-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Schiacciata - Sweet Pizza

I found this very simple recipe some while ago and have tested it successfully of a few occasions. Unlike this recipe, I just use the standard pizza dough (no sugar etc) but of course you can just mod it to your particular taste. It is pretty sweet with the caramelised sugar. Great served with vanilla ice cream or cream (or both)...

Ingredients
500g Pizza Dough
500g Grapes (I use red and white for visual impact)
125g Raw or Brown Sugar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Method

Wash grapes, drain and toss with half the sugar. You can use the grapes whole if you don't mind the crunchiness but if it worries you, either de-seed them or use the seedless variety. Prepare a pizza pan or similar flat tray and brush with a little light oil.

Divide the dough into two and roll out the first of two base shapes for what will become a grape sandwich. Don't worry about making a perfect circle - rough enough is good enough. Place onto oiled pan.

Dot some of the grapes over the base leaving some space between them and sprinkle on a little more sugar.

Roll the second base shape and place it over the first layer pushing down around the edge to seal it.

Add more of the grapes, pushing them in the valleys formed by the grapes underneath, and sprinkle with the remainder of the sugar.

Bake in a hot oven (or wood fired oven if you have one) at 200șC for about 40 minutes.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Schiacciata - Sweet Pizza

Mmmmh, that sounds really good!

You could probably use other fruit too, right? I imagine figs would taste great, or blackberries... what else? I'm finding it hard to think of fresh fruit here in the middle of Winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

« Ciabatta | Help! »