Old 04-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Apprentice

Default Saturday feast

Have just started having fun with other foods besides pizza. Below is a link to some of the dishes we threw in the oven this last weekend.

Oven Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Progress pictures:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cooking pictures:

Old 05-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Saturday feast

Wow Bill, Your food feast looks fantastic! Your Picassa food album is the best I've seen. I keep hearing "how much Pizza can you eat" from people and I have to keep educating my friends on what the oven will do. Your examples are terrific (not to mention delicious looking). Thanks for sharing great ideas.-Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Saturday feast

Thanks Dino. Unfortunately, now that the oven is operational I've neglected to finish building it! Should get some done this weekend.

Here's a great video to show the possibilities:
"Fireworks" 17:57 87.7MB 600x338
and
Wood Stone Training and Cooking Videos

Your oven looks great. Well done!

Oven Build:

Progress pictures:

Cooking pictures:

Old 06-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Apprentice

Bill, I am totally using your cooking pictures to push my wife over the edge towards getting her enthusiastic about making a WFO..
Old 06-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Those are great picutres Bill!

How hot do you think the oven is when you are doing the fish and veggies?

How many people are you feeding?

I have mostly been doing pizza lately. Maybe I will try that chicken under bricks this weekend!

Drake

Old 06-06-2009, 05:18 AM
Apprentice

Bill:

Its so nice to see someone using the oven for something other than pizza. We cook EVERYTHING in ours. We now have quite collection of cast iron that we use in the oven, we find the cast iron works best...but it is SOOO heavy.

Keep posting the photos...we love to "borrow" cooking ideas!

Phil

Old 06-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Apprentice

Drake, sorry for the belated reply!

The fish went in when the oven was probably around 500. I also just move stuff closer to the door if lower temps are needed. The veggies can be hotter so there's a bit of browning. I preheat the skillet till the oil is smoking before I toss them in.

Luckily I find the oven very forgiving in temp and time.

Oven Build:

Progress pictures:

Cooking pictures:

Old 06-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Apprentice

Wow, that's quite the menu album. I have cooked chickens, ribs, stuffed peppers, and some veggies but nothing like what you have done. Makes me hungry looking at your pics. I guess I need to go light a fire and get to cooking.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Serf

Bill,
Just now looking at your food pics. WOW! very inspiring! Where do you get your cookware? Is that enameled cast iron with stainless steel handles? Maybe some stoneware? I would appreciate any info.
Michael
Old 07-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Apprentice

Thanks Michael,

The cookware was nothing we didn't already have. There is some Le Creuset and basic cast iron skillets. I did have a terra cotta cookware for the chicken. I also found good cookware at Goodwill. Let me know any questions you maight have.

Oven Build:

Progress pictures:

Cooking pictures: