Old 04-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Peasant

Default Pizza...trying new dough and sauce

I still haven't applied the finishing plaster to my oven, but I wanted to give it another test drive. I've been experimenting with new dough and sauce, so it was time to give it all a try. This was my first time using Caputo 00 flour, and a much more simple sauce. I still have a lot to learn going from a kitchen oven to the WFO, but overall, I was very pleased with the results.

I let the oven preheat for about 2.5 hours. Had a steady temp inside the dome hovering around 900 degrees F and about 740 degrees F on the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-firing-oven.jpg   Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-cheese-pie-.jpg   Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-cheese-pie-done.jpg   Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-cheese-pie-bottom.jpg   Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-s-p-pie-.jpg  

Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-s-p-pie-done.jpg  

Last edited by Mooveebuff; 04-15-2014 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Attached photos instead of inserting them.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Peasant

Default Re: Pizza...trying new dough and sauce

This is some of the best pizza I've ever made, so I know I'm on the right track. Can't wait to do it again already!
Attached Thumbnails
Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-s-p-pie-bottom.jpg   Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-crust-side-view.jpg  

Last edited by Mooveebuff; 04-15-2014 at 06:35 PM. Reason: More photo management.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:34 AM
Master Builder

Looks good mostly. Would look better if the pics were a bit smaller so we could see and read the whole lot.

It looks like you are on the right track with your dough though.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 04-15-2014, 03:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

agree with you Steve .....I don't get why pictures are placed in posts. Its much easier to open the thumbnails than place pictures in the middle of the text makes it so much more difficult to get a feel for a build.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Pizza...trying new dough and sauce

G'day
I don't see what you guys are saying? The view I'm getting is those pics are a perfect size they fill the screen perfectly without losing a view on the sides like a lot of pics do sometimes.
Mooveebuff from the pic of the sliced pizza looks like you have it about right! That near on perfect in fact. One thing I learnt and re learnt, once you have got a good recipes going, if you going to change anything just do one little tiny change at a time otherwise the whole thing goes to custard real fast. Like I said re learnt ....again and again
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 04-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
G'day
I don't see what you guys are saying? The view I'm getting is those pics are a perfect size they fill the screen perfectly without losing a view on the sides like a lot of pics do sometimes.
I think it depends on your screen resolution...

What I find works best is to attach the images with the paper clip and insert the thumbnails inline in the doc. keeps it nice and neat across any type of device

Old 04-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Master Builder

Must have something to do with the technology Dave.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 04-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

G'day
Dang... These that technology thing again... Back to reliance on luck and good looks rather than skill
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 04-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Peasant

Thanks for the replies. I apologize about the photo thing...it's fixed now. Ask and ye shall receive!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Peasant

Did another cook to test out new dough. I used about 50% more yeast than I was using and I got the oven temperature up higher to see if I could get the puffy crust I've been searching for. Still not quite perfect, but vastly improved over the results I've been getting. I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of the oven!
Attached Thumbnails
Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-bacon-onion-garlic-pie.jpg   Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-sausage-pepperoni-pie.jpg   Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-side-view-1.jpg   Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-side-view-4.jpg   Pizza...trying new dough and sauce-char-4.jpg