Old 03-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Apprentice

Default Pizza Party for Opera Singers

Shreveport had its first (of many I hope) pizza parties at our home for the principle cast members of the upcoming "Marriage of Figaro" last weekend. We had sixteen people and the pizzas were great. I had some "Throw dough" on hand (its fake pizza dough that you can practice tossing) in case anybody needed a jump-start to feeling comfortable at the party. With those extroverts it was not needed. About 8 of them wanted to try making the pizza.....only one casualty. I served devilled eggs, vegie tray with ranch dip, and chips as appetizers. For dessert, I had some chocolate chip cookie dough. The fire was still way too hot so they looked more like s'mores, but every one of them got eaten. Several of the singers said they have put a WFO on their "must have someday" list. We had a blast! The only thing is, I did not get a bite of food, I was too busy making pizzas and teaching pizzas. My husband took me out for Mexican food after it was over.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Pizza Party for Opera Singers

Sounds like you had fun!

But do make sure you get some pizza next time!! Did they sing for their supper at least, since you didn't get anything to eat?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Apprentice

No they didn't sing (that is taboo for aspiring singers to sing for their supper), but the director invited us to the dress rehearsal and one of the singers invited us to the cast party after the show. A good time was had by all.

I did have a pizza the next day (there was one dough left)
Old 03-04-2008, 03:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

... you know, after I posted that I realised that you probably heard something along those lines a couple of hundred times already