Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > What You Cooked Last Night

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sharkey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 02:00 AM
Apprentice

Default The Morning-After Breakfast

After a big night of pizza and (too much) wine on Saturday my wife and I came up with this for breakfast on Sunday morning.

We first fried off some leftover pepperoni until it was crispy and then added some smoked paprika and a bit of ground cumin and dry fried for a minute or so.

Then we added the left over passata and other left over toppings like capsicum, mushrooms, roast eggplant etc which had been finely diced. The pan was returned to the heat for a few minutes to warm everything up.

Then I made a few indentations in the mixture and cracked an egg (we have home grown eggs) into each indentation. Then we added some left over boccanchini and sprinkled some chopped chives (also left overs) over the top.

I put the pan back in the oven with the door opened and removed when the egg whites were set.

Not only is this a fantastic breakfast, it is a great use of the left over pizza toppings from the night before.

brickie in oz likes this.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.