Old 03-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Apprentice

Default More pizzas

The Artigiano performed wonderfully. Maybe it's properly cured, maybe it's that my wood is completely dry now, but it heated up very fast (about an hour). I actually had to delay and wait for family to get over. I had the floor at 800 when I started and on the 8th pizza it was still over 700 degrees. The dome was over 900 slightly.

Picasa Web Albums - Mark - Pizza March 4

Comments on the pictures if you follow the link.

We love our Artigiano!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: More pizzas

There are a couple of short videos in the album also.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Eccellente. Mark, that makes me very happy. Some of your photos look really good; I've always thought it was difficult getting good photos of fire and cooking inside the oven.

How do you think you are doing brushing the cooking floor down? Are you getting any ash on your pizzas? I can't really tell from your photos, but it's always good to ask.

James

Old 03-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Apprentice

The wire brush is working fine, the floor seems to get pretty clean. I don't think the pizzas were ashy and nobody complained. I got great feedback on the pizzas made with the Captuo (just yeast, flour, water, salt) as opposed to the American Pie Neo-Neopolitan made with King Arthur "tipo 00" style, honey, and olive oil.

I did do the olive oil "swirl" and that was a nice addition to the pizzas.