Old 05-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Mexican in an Italian Oven

Last night's pizza was great, but tonight's enchiladas were outstanding. I made a batch with red sauce and a batch with green. Cooked for 40 minutes at around 340F or so.

The fun part was that it's pouring rain outside.

I got the recipe out of a Mexican cookbook we have. Plenty of good recipe's for them on the net as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Mexican in an Italian Oven-enchiladas_raw.jpg   Mexican in an Italian Oven-enchiladas_cooked.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mexican in an Italian Oven

Wow Buddy!

Dave's impressed.

Fun using that residual heat .. don't ya think?

I cooked a brisket this morning.
it was down right tasty

My costs:

My pics:

Old 05-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice, Ken, nice! Me gusto mucho!

-
Old 05-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudavew View Post
I cooked a brisket this morning.
it was down right tasty
OK... that's my next experiment. That is something I've always wanted to try. I'm pretty sure the cooking technique has been posted on here already. I'll do a bit of research and get me a brisket for this weekend!

Updated!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

That's a great idea. I have had many folks look at my oven and say how much it reminds them of a Mexican horno. I have to believe that Enchiladas started off in a wood-fired oven. Just like Tuscan white beans -- good peasant food. :-)
James

Old 05-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Laborer

that looks great, I haven't made enchiladas since the day after thanksgiving... (leftover turkey and green chile)
Old 12-31-2013, 08:52 AM
Laborer

Looks great. My son has to make some enchiladas for his Spanish class. Guess what I'm going to do. The Primavera will be meeting it's first pan or two of enchiladas!