Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > What You Cooked Last Night

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tscarborough
  • 2 Post By Tscarborough

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Leftover dough

From last week, so some is 8 day some is nine day dough.

1. Pepperoni, mushroom and some onion.

2. Same pie.

3. Precooking Italian sausage on the grill.

4. Red and green bell peppers with onion.

5. Shrimp in the hole. See that gap in the back? That opens to that from nothing on a cold oven.

6. Shrimp and jalapeno.
Attached Thumbnails
Leftover dough-060714pizza.jpg   Leftover dough-060714pizza1.jpg   Leftover dough-060714pizza2.jpg   Leftover dough-060714pizza3.jpg   Leftover dough-060714pizza4.jpg  

Leftover dough-060714pizza5.jpg  
GrahamG likes this.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:42 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Question Re: Leftover dough

G'day Tscar
You make the most photogenic pizza I've come across. I shouldn't have read this just before my evening meal.
Here's an interesting one. I found a 800gm pizza dough ball frozen in time in the back of the freezer. How long had it been there.. I didn't have the faintest. 800 gm rang alarm bells in my head as I only put them away in pizza size lumps?
Anyway I put it out to defrost and the dough showed a bit of life in the form of a few bubbles of dough. It smelt alright so I set about bringing it back to life. It was a sticky process but I incorporated some sugar milk and flour into the patient and let it recover. It doubled in size so it was definitely smelling sweet, so I went ahead and cooked it off as nan bread.
After my lamb was cooked on the Tuscan grill I pushed the coals and grill to one side and added a few sticks to get the heat from the dome. I cut that ball of dough to 8 small balls and teased out some flat bread. In the lower heat I only cooked it to a light brown puffy stage.
The left over lamb was converted to a lamb curry and those nan breads were great. Not like pizza bread at all but light and fluffy. I've made flat bread before at pizza temps and its blown up like a ballon. These were more bread like soft and the sugar was still there . Definitely a big hit with the family, but unfortunately how do you reproduce that same thing again
Leftover dough-image.jpg
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:03 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Leftover dough

That is fine looking food for sure. I have found that the dough left in the fridge after the first rise for 7 or more days was so much better than the dough that only matured for a day. I will have to try the flat bread though. It sounds good Dave and the pizza looks great Tzcar.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 06-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dave, that is called foccacia bread. It is easy and the same dough that is used for pizza. I spread it out on a flat pan, cover it with plastic and let it rise. I usually cook foccacia on the day after when the oven is running 4-500 degrees F.

My favorites are rosemary bread (lots of fresh rosemary and garlic infused olive oil) and black olive with onion. I am making some soon, I will post pics.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Here is a rosemary bread:
Attached Thumbnails
Leftover dough-060714pizza6.jpg   Leftover dough-060714pizza7.jpg   Leftover dough-060714pizza8.jpg  
cobblerdave and GrahamG like this.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Black olives and pepper and onions. Garlic olive oil and a little salt.
Attached Thumbnails
Leftover dough-060714pizza9.jpg  
Old 06-10-2014, 05:34 AM
Journeyman

One of my families favorite things is, I take leftover pizza dough and strech it out by hand thicker than normal then place it directly on to my hot BBQ grill. Then I cook it on one side, turn it over once its set and brush it generously with olive oil, garlic,garlic salt, parm and serve wedges of it as a side with salad or dinner.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:
Old 06-10-2014, 05:57 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgey1 View Post
One of my families favorite things is, I take leftover pizza dough and strech it out by hand thicker than normal then place it directly on to my hot BBQ grill. Then I cook it on one side, turn it over once its set and brush it generously with olive oil, garlic,garlic salt, parm and serve wedges of it as a side with salad or dinner.
I do the same thing too, but with cracked black pepper. Sometimes I'll add a bit of dried basil as well.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 06-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I do the same thing too, but with cracked black pepper. Sometimes I'll add a bit of dried basil as well.
Sound good also! My oldest daughter says she like the BBQ bread as well as the pizza.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build: