Old 06-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Good Eats on a Sunday Night

Dessert for tonight and lunch for tomorrow.

Leftover dough: it had already been frozen once; no way am I going to throw it away!

The dessert pizza is simply cherry pie filling in a can spread on a crust. After cooking sprinkled with powdered sugar. Tasted great!

My 17 year old son whipped up a couple of pepperoni and mozz calzones for our lunch tomorrow. The over will be at about 350F or so at lunch time. Perfect for reheating!

The dark picture is a 6 second exposure of the calzones cooking.
Attached Thumbnails
Good Eats on a Sunday Night-img_2857.jpg   Good Eats on a Sunday Night-img_2860.jpg   Good Eats on a Sunday Night-img_2861.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Good Eats on a Sunday Night

Pie filling? Another great idea for a desert pizza!

And the Calzone look great.

Hope you have an exercise plan....

JED
Old 06-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Laborer

Ken....Looks Awesome! Makes me hungry and wanting to get mine done. I am getting closer to the dome which scares me. I really like what you did with yours, but the cuts seem too complicated for the average person. How did you figure all your cuts? And where did you get your plug for the top?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by George T View Post
I really like what you did with yours, but the cuts seem too complicated for the average person.
Hi George,

I can assure you, I'm a pretty average person. I'm comfortable using power tools, but I'm not any sort of craftsman.

Quote:
How did you figure all your cuts? And where did you get your plug for the top?
Here's a post that explains how I determined the cut angles for the left and right sides of each brick.
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...stem-2670.html (Fancy String Alignment System)

To make the bottom cuts, I used a foam board cut to the desired interior profile to determine the angle of the cuts.

The "plug" is just bricks cut to shape. When I got to the point that I needed a key stone, I cut a template out of cardboard, did some tracing and cut the pieces from the firebrick. I made some sloppy cuts assuring the keystone was oversized, then trimmed it down here and there until it fit just right.

The trick is to take your time (easier said than done!).

Updated!

Old 06-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Master Builder

Nice Ken, I think it's always good to have some leftover dough for after Pizza experimenting....
Old 06-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks tasty.

Try some Ricotta in your calzone some time.

Yum!

Your oven pic looks great!

My costs:

My pics:

Old 06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudavew View Post
Looks tasty.
Try some Ricotta in your calzone some time.
Oh, I LOVE Ricotta in calzones; only way to really make them. Since this was an impromptu pizza bake, we didn't have too much on hand other than the basics.

Still made really fine calzones!

Updated!