Old 06-23-2012, 03:46 AM
Journeyman

Default First Pita!

WooHoo! First attempt at pita bread and they not only did they come out good, they PUFFED without hesitation! Wow the oven was around 550F and these puppies didn't have a choice but to puff! Got the lamb marinating and ready for some Tuscon grilling! These ovens are fantastic! (Last pic I used a flash and it made the hot coals look cool, they are not cool. temp was around 550F for entire process.)
Attached Thumbnails
First Pita!-img_0834_pita_smla.jpg   First Pita!-img_0835_pita_sml.jpg   First Pita!-img_0840_pita_sml.jpg   First Pita!-img_0841_pita_sml.jpg   First Pita!-img_0843_pita_sml.jpg  

Photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oven Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Aegis; 06-23-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:55 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: First Pita!

Pita Bread

Oven temp 500 to 600F
450 grams bread flour
300 grams H2O
2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
2 tablespoons Olive Oil

mixed flour & water and let autoylse (rest) for 20 minutes
Then added rest of ingredients and used ka mixer on speed #1 for a 6 min. knead, 5 min. rest another 6min. knead.
Transferred into an oiled bowl and let it rise for 90 minutes.
Put onto a well floured board and cut into 8 pieces
Rolled each piece into a ball and let rest covered with a cloth for 20 minutes.
Then rolled them out with a rolling pin to 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick and popped them into the oven. The first one I did solo, the rest I put in three at a time with out a problem. Once they puff in oven (aprox. 2-3 minutes) turn over and brown them as much as you like to taste.

Happy Eating!
Attached Thumbnails
First Pita!-img_0841_pita_sml.jpg   First Pita!-img_0843_pita_sml.jpg  

Photos:

Oven Blog:
Old 06-23-2012, 05:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Aegis,

Ummm, how versatile these ovens are, what's next naan? BTW, so far the Foamglas has no issue during the build, just have to careful not to rub or step on it.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 06-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Master Builder

Aegis, Okay that looks too cool! Thanks for the posts on that and I will give it a try on my next firing.

Thanks for the inspiration.