Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > What You Cooked Last Night

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Laborer

Default Dessert Pizza

I did not search posts. So, this may not be original. My guest wanted a dessert pizza so I told my wife (actually it was more of a suggestion) that it was her department. She rocked it by creating a spectacular, and easy dessert pizza. She start by rolling standard dough thin. Smeared it with marshmallow cream, covered it with milk and dark chocolate chips, topped it with walnuts. I was skeptical, way to easy and no research. Ohhh, she proved me wrong. Beginners Luck. Afterwards, I took a few temp readings. The oven had cooled a bit. She put the dessert pizza in with and oven floor at about 650F The only problem was we did not have the ingredients to satisfy the craving of our guest.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Dessert Pizza

Sounds like a nutty s'mores pizza, I bet it tasted great.

Where is the photo?

Chip
Old 05-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Apprentice

Mmm, sounds tasty.

Another good one: thin-sliced strawberries, with finely chopped dark chocolate/chocolate chips sprinkled on either partway through baking or after it comes out of the oven.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ill have to give that a try. The kids love s'mores. We wowed our guests a few nights ago with the old standby: Nutella, marscapone, caramel sauce and pecans.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Saturday night I did a Peach pizza, but it needs a bit of tweaking.. I sliced the peaches thin and sprinkled sugar doted butter around. After pulling the pizza I added a bit of cinnamon. The flavor was good, but the peaches released too much liquid.. Next time I think I'll build it like a crumble, with some rolled oats and flour or some such to absorb the liquid and add a bit of crunch. A little butter on the shell before adding the peaches might help to keep the pizza crust from going too soft. I also wonder about a thin layer of ground pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon baked off and then layered with fresh fruit.

Hmm?

Chris
Old 06-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Master Builder

Chris, sounds good. You could also try some gram cracker crumbs. That would go good with the peaches and sugars and cinnamon. You can also pre-cook your peaches some with the sugar and butter and get a nice syrup that would also reduce the amount of juicing on the pie.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The graham crackers are a good call, I'll give them a try and see where it takes things.. The idea of getting some caramelization of the sugar on fresh fruit is driving me, though I can see that I'm going to need to deal with the juice. Apricots with goat cheese and a walnut half on endive, or peaches or plums or... It's tough to beat what my French wife calls the perfume of really good fresh fruit..

Yum, Summer is nearly here.

Chris
Les likes this.

Last edited by SCChris; 06-03-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:35 AM
Laborer

S'Mores Pizza

I was there. I tried it. It was delicious!
Old 04-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Serf

I have never tried Dessert Pizza.

But it seems me tasty with yummy chocolate chips.......
Old 04-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Serf

A favorite of our is S'mores pizza. Procedure and pic below

Par-bake a crust (I cook for like 45 sec, just enough to set it up)
Smear with Nutela (sauce)
Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers (next version I am going to knead the crumbs into the dough)
Sprinkle with mini-marshmallows

Bake for 30-40 more seconds, until marshmallows are brown.
Cut and enjoy...it is FABULOUS

This one was a BIT brown...but still good.
Attached Thumbnails
Dessert Pizza-desertpizza.jpg