Old 05-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Laborer

Default Cinco de Mayo report

Hi All,

I'm still recovering from last Wednesday! We had around 42 people with cars lined up street. Word of mouth spread and the party got pretty big pretty fast. I had gazpacho, manchego, chips, and a large chicken/sausage paella ready when people started getting there. The little Primavera oven was fully fired in about 40 minutes, and pizza making started outside at about 6:30.

It was frustratingly slow at first. The dough was too sticky, and nobody wanted to touch anything. I would cook one pizza while stretching/making another. Once people realized that they could do it too, things took off. I had three people stretching dough/making pizzas while I loaded, cooked, and unloaded. We averaged 3 minutes from dough ball to fully cooked pizza, and easily made 40 pies in around 2 hours. The Primavera was the "little oven that could," and it cooked them as fast as I could get them in there.

Lessons learned:
1. Have designated deputies to help get people into the swing of making their own pizzas.

2. More beer outside for the cook! Oven-cooking is hot work.

A great time was had by all and the cops weren't called. I'd call that a successful evening.

Stan
Old 05-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Cinco de Mayo report

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun!
I think you should also get a designated deputy to take pictures of the event.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Laborer

Good call! Alas, I was so busy and everyone else was drinking so much vino that no pictures were had
Old 05-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Master Builder

Hot work indeed