Old 05-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Apprentice

Default Ciabatta and Italian Bread Loaves

Today was my first attempt at bread baking in my Artigiano, the results were oustanding!

I followed recipes from the Breadbakers Apprentice book -- 3 ciabatta loaves and 2 italian bread baguette type loaves.

I pre-heated the oven as I would have for pizzas, then let the coals die down, then scooped them out into my metal pail.

I used a spray bottle to "steam" the oven (spraying water that instantly turned to steam) before putting in the loaves, putting the door on for retained heat cooking. The loaves took about 10 minutes each.

Here's a link to the album on Picasa:

Picasa Web Albums - Mark - Bread in the ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: Ciabatta and Italian Bread Loaves

Way to go Mark. Those look great. How hot do you think the oven was? 10 minutes is pretty quick.

Watch out though -- I have found making bread to be one of those things where you want to get better, and better, and ...

It's right up there with golf and tennis.
James

Old 05-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Ciabatta and Italian Bread Loaves

The floor was right about 550F when I loaded them.