Black Olive Bread
This is a great recipe I found online and made it this evening in the electric oven. It's pretty easy and would be suitable for doing in the WFO also.
Some have suggested adding cheese, garlic etc but for me plain was just perfect.
I used Baker's flour and had to add a number of additional spoons of it to get the consistency right. I shaped it as per the standard boule method but without the basket...
Black Olive Bread
410 g bread flour
8 g active dry yeast
25 g white sugar
6 g salt
70 g chopped black olives
45 ml olive oil
295 ml warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
9 g cornmeal
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, yeast, sugar, salt, black olives, olive oil, and water.
2. Turn out dough onto a floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic, 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside, and let rise about 45 minutes, until it doubles in size. Punch down. Knead well again, for about 5 to 10 minutes. Let rise for about 30 minutes, until it doubles in size.
3. Round the dough on kneading board. Place upside down in a bowl lined with a lint-free, well floured towel. Let rise until double in size.
4. While the bread is rising for the third time, put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
5. Gently turn loaf out onto a sheet pan that has been lightly oiled and dusted with cornmeal.
6. Bake loaf at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake for 30 more minutes, or until done.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Bread Cook-off Sunday!||70chevelle||Hearth Bread and Flatbread||3||10-27-2008 01:40 PM|
|Storing bread||james||Hearth Bread and Flatbread||13||09-26-2008 07:50 AM|
|Playing with bread fundamentals||maver||Hearth Bread and Flatbread||8||02-25-2008 09:42 PM|
|Damon's (BT) first bread attempt etc.||Bacterium||What You Cooked Last Night||19||07-12-2007 04:34 PM|
|A serious olive bread||james||Hearth Bread and Flatbread||2||04-27-2007 03:54 PM|
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 PM.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2006/10 Forno Bravo, LLC