Old 08-27-2012, 05:34 AM
Serf

Smile Atlantic Sea Bass

We caught this fish on the south-east side of Block Island, RI on Saturday and cooked it Sunday. Broiled in the oven with fresh tomato, basil, rosemary, tuscan sunset seasoning from pensy's, roasted garlic, shallot, white wine, and olive oil. Slice the skin in 1 inch diagonal cuts skin deep. Stuffed the stomach and gills. Rub herbs on skin and soaked in white wine and olive oil. Just before putting in the oven a couple slices of butter. Place in pan just about same size as fish. Cooked 5-7min with fire burning, 750 deg. Before plating pour drippings onto plate. using two large spoons remove skin, then remove meat with spoons and place on drippings on plate. If you like fish you will love this dish.
Attached Thumbnails
Atlantic Sea Bass-biseabass.jpg  
Old 08-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Atlantic Sea Bass

LOVE Fish!....incredible description of prep....I'm sure it was wonderful....
Old 08-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Serf

This was only the second dish I cooked in the oven and was concerned it would burn. Not at all and was great.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:51 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTOven View Post
We caught this fish on the south-east side of Block Island, RI on Saturday and cooked it Sunday. Broiled in the oven with fresh tomato, basil, rosemary, tuscan sunset seasoning from pensy's, roasted garlic, shallot, white wine, and olive oil. Slice the skin in 1 inch diagonal cuts skin deep. Stuffed the stomach and gills. Rub herbs on skin and soaked in white wine and olive oil. Just before putting in the oven a couple slices of butter. Place in pan just about same size as fish. Cooked 5-7min with fire burning, 750 deg. Before plating pour drippings onto plate. using two large spoons remove skin, then remove meat with spoons and place on drippings on plate. If you like fish you will love this dish.
I LOVE sea bass no matter how it is cooked but this looks Fantastic! You make me miss selling my boat, and fishing Conn. waters!

Photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oven Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.