Old 09-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Peasant

Default NEW member buyer poster

Just bought the fb stone and peel, hope its as good as it sounds. I have been a lurker as i em a super pizza lover. This also is my 1st post, hope to have 1000s more. Anyone have any, out of the ordinary hints with fb stone differnt then any other stones ? Should i leave stone in oven all the time ?

oops my name is derek btw

Last edited by Burntroof ofmouth; 09-02-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Welcome aboard

We're looking forward to hearing about your many pizzas. If you can, take photos that you can share of your favorites.

A couple of things to think about. First, follow the directions for slowly bringing your stone up to temperature (they're in the box). Second, give your stone as much pre-heat time as you can. A good hour at 550F really gets your stone hot all the way through.

I leave my stone in the oven all the time. It doesn't slow down how quickly your oven heats up by much, and gives you a more consistent heat -- even when you aren't cooking pizza or bread. You have a heat sink in the oven that doesn't cool right down when you open the oven door.

Enjoy.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Peasant

Thanks i em a pizza fanatic and love every type from frozen supermarket type to anything i can get my hand on in new york Pics gona take some time since i have newborn twins at home and i still dont know how get pics on new puter.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Peasant

I hope i can give some help as much as maybe get some i dont knoww how active these forums are
Old 09-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

It's a great group. Jump in with questions and recommendations.
James

Old 10-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Peasant

Default Re: NEW member buyer poster

Been lurking the last few months reqding as much as can inbetween work and my girls , just bought some flour and tomatoes from forno, last few pies i have had probs with the dough so gona try starting up againg making pizzas . I need to look and read lots of the dough and hydration and weights and stuff so many posts