Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Serf

Default Started Oven Today In Seattle

I started my oven today. Below are pictures, one of my form and one of the slab after the pour. One question. Can I fill the cinder block cores at the same time I pour the hearth? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Started Oven Today In Seattle-img_4364.jpg   Started Oven Today In Seattle-img_4375.jpg  
Old 10-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Started Oven Today In Seattle

jfenske,

Good job on getting the oven started! That is the hardest part. Just put a few pieces in place every once in awhile, and pretty soon you will be cooking in a WFO in your own back yard.... great fun.

Yes, you should be able to pour the block cells at the same time as the structural floor. Be sure to do a complete job of supporting the floor area, and the block to ensure you don't get any blow outs, or moving support structure.

Good luck with your build.

JED
Old 10-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Serf

jfenske

Best wishes from one just finished (YA YA YA) in Leavenworth.... What a project!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Apprentice

Great to see another Seattle build starting up! I started mine right about this time last year and had a blast (I probably should say I'm having a blast as I can cook it in it but still need to finish the details).

Post lots of pics and good luck with the project - looks like you are off to a good start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Where in Seattle? I (and my oven) are in Lake City.

Post pics as you build.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:

Thread: