Old 03-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Master Builder

Default Start of the restaurant/bakery oven

Hey all!
Thought I would post a couple picks of the start of the oven build at our restaurant/bakery. Have not gotten very far yet...just a couple of short block walls but...next week concrete...have to do a 23' by 8' piece of sidewalk at the same time so I have to wait for the demolition of that before the concrete comes!
Wish me luck!
Best
Dutch
Attached Thumbnails
Start of the restaurant/bakery oven-restaurant-oven-foundation-1.jpg   Start of the restaurant/bakery oven-restaurant-oven-foundation-2.jpg  
Old 03-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Start of the restaurant/bakery oven

I'd rather be lucky than good, so Good Luck Dutch.

I heard a myth that the more pictures you post on FB, the less cracks you have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:48 AM
Journeyman

Hmm.
Min 10 characters eh.
Hmmm.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Master Builder

Here's a couple of pics of the newly scraped sanded and stained front of our building...last research indicates that the building dates back to around 1869...still waiting for the demolition of the sidewalk before the concrete comes unfortunately
Sheetrock going up inside and soon to have air conditioning...I hope
Best
Dutch
Attached Thumbnails
Start of the restaurant/bakery oven-remodeled-front.jpg   Start of the restaurant/bakery oven-remodeled-front-1.jpg  
Old 04-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very exciting!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Master Builder

It was a tremendous amount of work...those windows above were painted over from both sides...outer side had about 4 coats of paint...used a chemical stripper on the windows...great when you are on a ladder by the way...then a heat gun and angle grinder on the woodwork...another cool thing...in the plaster upstairs a young boy scratched his name and the date...1911...trying to preserve it is going to be touchy...other places people wrote their names in like a management tree...maybe had meetings there
Best
Dutch
Old 04-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Master Builder

Here is what it looked like before
Attached Thumbnails
Start of the restaurant/bakery oven-what-used-look-like.jpg  
Old 07-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Master Builder

Just a few more pics of the latest progress...new concrete sidewalk and poured both the base slab and hearth slab...soon for the insulation and oven
Best to all
Dutch
Attached Thumbnails
Start of the restaurant/bakery oven-base-slab.jpg   Start of the restaurant/bakery oven-dsc00028.jpg   Start of the restaurant/bakery oven-dsc00031.jpg   Start of the restaurant/bakery oven-new-sidewalk.jpg  
Old 07-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good for you!
I hope it all works out.

It looks good so far.

Dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 07-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Master Builder

A new oven and a new restaurant - very exciting!
I like the building and am looking forward to seeing how things progress.
Good luck!

Sarah