Old 05-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Serf

Default Start to my oven

New to the site, figured i post some pics of my progress. I started the base on a table, but will soon be transfering to the trailer to finish the dome.
Attached Thumbnails
Start to my oven-photo.jpg   Start to my oven-image-4-.jpeg   Start to my oven-image-1-.jpeg   Start to my oven-image-2-.jpeg   Start to my oven-image-3-.jpeg  

Start to my oven-image.jpeg  
Old 05-30-2013, 02:33 AM
Serf

Default Re: Start to my oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdotdestoney View Post
New to the site, figured i post some pics of my progress. I started the base on a table, but will soon be transfering to the trailer to finish the dome.
You are doing great...Really good....
All the best for further process...
Old 05-30-2013, 06:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

rdot,

Where you located in SLC, I may have some leftover oven materials, IE bricks, CF board if you are needing some odds and ends. Send me a PM

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

You might want to consider running a steel band around those timber boards or all that loose insulation under the floor might rattle loose over road bumps, if the corners of the timber give way.
What size is your oven? Have you calculated the total weight and how it will match the trailer springs?
Make sure you keep the centre of gravity forward of the axle.
Keep the oven a little lower, for stability, than you would prefer. ie. floor level a bit lower than elbow height.

Last edited by david s; 05-30-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Serf

Thanks for all the insight!

I'm actually going to sell that trailer and try to find a solid truck bed trailer as I purchased a bigger car with more towing capacity. I have cemented around all the brick above the insulation to ensure no loose insulation falls out. I will keep updated as I build!