Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

View Poll Results: Do I need to provide more information
Post bill of materials only 0 0%
Post bill of materials and PDF 0 0%
Only picture of final build 0 0%
Post pictures in detailed buil doc for SA conditions. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 04:56 AM
Serf

Default South Africa - Gauteng Oven Details

I have decided to post this thread as I have had several requests to get something published. The guys as Veref (Vereeniging Refractories) in Spings were a great help and indicated that they have several requests for basic plans for a WFO.
I must say that that this Forum was an insparation and also a great help to get things started.

Design objectives-> leave as liitle mortar between bricks as possible - cut each brick to size and fit.
Why a WFO->
Wife loves to cook bread and experiment with new ideas.

This is how things started.
1. Find suitable material and get a base line costs ( adding 20%) as building never goes according to plan.
2. Plan - re-plan and build a mockup. (dummy)
3. Build the base (Foundation)
4. Building the oven and braai area

- Wait before firing.
Currently I am at this point- also requiring the entrance and the flue to be built. Then we need to make it look pretty.

If anyone is intersted I have a full materials list avaialable for the id 1120 mm x 600mm oven. I will create a PDF file with the lessons learnt and what worked for me.
Attached Thumbnails
South Africa - Gauteng Oven Details-braai-.jpg   South Africa - Gauteng Oven Details-dummy.jpg   South Africa - Gauteng Oven Details-foundation.jpg