Old 10-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Apprentice

Default Satellite imagery of my oven

I've been waiting for Google Maps to update their satellite imagery of our town for a while (the last set of imagery was at least 3-4 years old).

The other day I looked and saw my WFO, which was a good visible landmark to know that the imagery was new.

Anyhow, here's a screenshot. The oven is the white, round thing near the center of the photo.

I realize that this is probably a silly thing to share. : )

Old 10-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Satellite imagery of my oven

Not silly at all. It's refreshing to see (literally) another WFO owner out there unencumbered with the nuisance of a complaining neighbor who doesn't understand the reason behind the smoke.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Journeyman

Steven,
Very nice, I just checked mine and it doesn't show. Looks like a beautiful setting to live.
Enjoy,
Eric
Old 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Master Builder

My oven hasn't been built yet according to my satellite image.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO
Old 10-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Apprentice

Cool, I have been waiting for Google to update our neighborhood. We are close-by in Northern Virginia so I just looked and sure enough, there's our oven. Terrible picture unfortunately so here's a better one...

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Satellite imagery of my oven-googleshot2.jpg   Satellite imagery of my oven-aeriallow.jpg  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianniFocaccia View Post
Not silly at all. It's refreshing to see (literally) another WFO owner out there unencumbered with the nuisance of a complaining neighbor who doesn't understand the reason behind the smoke.
Boy do I hear that. I'm not sure what to do about my neighbor. She's passive-aggressively threatening to sue me because she thinks I'm getting her lemon-yellow house dirty (which I might be except that she cites as evidence not only the downwind areas, but also back walls off to the side way out of the way of the wind).

Ugh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 10-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

It's funny that I'm not the only person who did this. I've been waiting and watching as well, and yes my oven is finally on there. It's the strange shape right in the center, dark blob with a light counter on its left side at the right end of our lawn (and "2010" watermarked over the bottom edge, sigh).
Attached Thumbnails
Satellite imagery of my oven-my-house-oven.jpg  

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 10-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Judging from the expanse of open space between dwellings, (not too common here in southern california) it appears quite improbable that your oven could envelop an adjoining house with enough smoke to cause 'soot damage' to all sides.