Old 05-31-2006, 02:57 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Portable Forno Bravo in Boulder

Here is a series of photos from The Fire Within, our dealer in Boulder, CO. They just did a 3-day Memorial Day weekend festival with a Premio100 oven (custom vent and landing) installed on a trailer. The oven cranked out 1200 pizzas in three days (a sustained rate of 30 per hour the whole time). I wish I had been there to see it. From all reports they were the best caterers at the festival and there was a line the whole time.

I think the wood-fired catering marketing is going to take off.

Fio, this comes right on the heels of your seeing the portable Forno Bravo in Update NY. Cool.

James
Attached Thumbnails
Portable Forno Bravo in Boulder-juliebcf_300.jpg   Portable Forno Bravo in Boulder-ovenmay13_300.jpg   Portable Forno Bravo in Boulder-bcf6.28_400.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Trailer Pizza

James,

This is very, very cool and appeals to my marketing sense. Is there any way I can get hold of some plans on the portable oven? Just so happens a friend of mine is in the trailer business. Of course, I'd need an oven, too.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 06-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Jim,

I could see this as the perfect extension to your bakery. Pizza, focaccia and hearth bread where you want it; when you want it. Just-in-time pizza. I get the sense that you would be good at it -- and it would definitely get you out of the house.

Joseph said that experience event caterers were coming up to him saying that they've been doing this for 15+ years, and that the wood-fired oven was the best thing they've seen in years. The Fire Within is close to fully booked for the near-term, and they have a good list of events contacting them.

We are still deciding how we are going to handle the plans for the trailer -- and the things you need to do to keep the oven attached to the trailer, the dome structurally secure, etc. We can talk off-line about that.

If anyone is thinking about a trailer oven, you can contact me directly.

Pretty cool.....

James

Old 06-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Serf

Default More Mobile Forno Bravo's Coming Soon.

Hi all,
Here are some details of this trailer:
I designed this trailer to hold a 60" pizza table off the front end during transport. Ramps are then attached to the side of the trailer to wheel the table off. I used BAL rear stablizer legs off the back end for leveling and stability. The Gable house gives it a more warm/homey feeling.
We use 2 other pieces of equipment aside from the pizza table at our events.The events I'm booking are ranging from Corporate to Private.

I'll be downloading some other images of this trailer at a future date.
Currently I'm in production of a streamlined version of the trailer that is specifically engineered to hold a Forno Bravo on it. I've omitted the additional space for the table. It will soon be available to the public (August delivery). You can contact me or James directly to discuss your needs or to see production illustrations.

Joseph
Old 06-21-2006, 03:15 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Pizza to Come

James, Joseph,

Bring it on. I'd be really, really interested in the trailer borne pizza idea. Pics would be good, plans would be good or "all good" as they say here in the country.

Jim
Old 06-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Journeyman

Lightbulb $3 each

Ciao,

Marcel
Old 06-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Door

Marcel,

Well done. Looks like you'll get a very good seal with what you've done. Don't forget the garden sprayer for lots of steam. When can we expect pics of your first breads?

Jim
Old 07-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Serf

Default 70 + pizzas an hour at the Cherry Creek Arts Fest in Denver

Here's our set up at this past weekend's Cherry Creek Arts Fest. We offered 4 pizza combinations and sold out on our third day! We are half way through the production version of a mobile Forno Bravo on a single axel trailer. Stay posted for completed images or contact us directly at thefirewithin@fornobravo.com for more information.
Enjoy thin crust and rich wine,
Joseph
Attached Thumbnails
Portable Forno Bravo in Boulder-frontalsm.jpg   Portable Forno Bravo in Boulder-side-profilesm.jpg  
Old 08-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Serf

Default Sold out in Carbondale CO

Hello everyone,
This past weekend we set up at the 28th annual Carbondale Mountain Fest.
30,000 people visited the downtown park located just south of Aspen. For 3 days we baked our pizzas and by the begining of the 3rd day we were sold out! Also here is a sneak peak at our Mobile Pizza Oven Catering Model that we are currently taking orders on. For inquires contact us at Thefirewithin@fornobravo.com.
Enjoy!
Joseph
Attached Thumbnails
Portable Forno Bravo in Boulder-finishnaomi.jpg   Portable Forno Bravo in Boulder-carbon.jpg  
Old 08-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Apprentice

Default mobile oven

So many questions. How do you manage wood burning during the events? Are you using prebaked dough? How many people does it take to keep it running? How much is the finished unit?