Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Serf

Default Oil Drum Wood Fired Oven + BBQ - On Wheels!!

Ok, so I'd planned on starting this thread a week or so when I started my build but i had problems registering so this is going to be a bit of a cath-up!

Essentially I love BBQ and home pizza making, but I've reached the limits of my little weber BBQ and my conventional oven with pizza stone so I decided to make a custom half wood fired/brick lined oven, half BBQ based around an oil drum.

It's actually almost finished so I'll post a few photos of the development and a link to my album so you can see what's been hapenning. Questions/comments welcome. I wanted to post all of my picture thumbnails in one go but apparently I'm only allowed 4 pictures per post?

Build Gallery

JK.
trapper likes this.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Serf

Default Re: Oil Drum Wood Fired Oven + BBQ - On Wheels!!

Strong response I see! lol.

Well it's done and now I'm just waiting for a sunny day to give it a try, could be waiting a while!

JK

Last edited by Greensheep2012; 07-17-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Serf

Me too, It's been fine for the last few days but now it's ready to use the skies open! lol.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thinking outside the box is good. Interested to see how she heats ups and keeps temperature.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Serf

Thanks, me too! I'm actually quite aprehentious about it, I've got 400 invested in this! If I can get a 2 minute margarita out of it then i'll be extatic! JK.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Serf

Thanks! I'll keep the forum updated on how it goes. JK.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Laborer

Great idea. Looks good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Serf

Can someone give me some hints here? I've fired the oven tonight and cooked pizza and wanted to post the photos that I'd taken of the whole process but the forum will only let me attach 5 pictures in a single post and I seem to remember that it also wont let me post more than 5 thumbnails/hotlinks to my image hoster in a single post? Please let me know if i'm missing something here but I can't believe that a forum sub-section relating to photo posting would have these limitations, everyone reading this post has a broadband connection, 20 thumbnails in a single post isn't gonna grind the internet to a halt.

JK
Old 07-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensheep2012 View Post
Can someone give me some hints here? I've fired the oven tonight and cooked pizza and wanted to post the photos that I'd taken of the whole process but the forum will only let me attach 5 pictures in a single post and I seem to remember that it also wont let me post more than 5 thumbnails/hotlinks to my image hoster in a single post? Please let me know if i'm missing something here but I can't believe that a forum sub-section relating to photo posting would have these limitations, everyone reading this post has a broadband connection, 20 thumbnails in a single post isn't gonna grind the internet to a halt.

JK
You will have to do it in multiple posts. Every pic, every , every , counts to ward the dreaded five .
You can however, link to a slide show on a photo site like Picasso or Photobucket etc. if you really want to keep the presentation intact.
brickie in oz likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Serf

Thanks for the confirmation, I think I'll just post this one:

and then leave this thread. If any forum administrators read this then please realise that a 5 picture limit is ridiculous in the photo sub-secton of a forum in 2012.