Old 03-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default A new portable trailer oven

Here is a new trailer oven from The Fire Within, a partner who makes portable catering ovens using FB ovens. They are showing this oven at Pizza Expo in Las Vegas 2009, March 10-12.

Very cool. Check out the custom metal vent and landing piece that they have fabricated.

James
Attached Thumbnails
A new portable trailer oven-img_1320.jpg   A new portable trailer oven-img_1307.jpg   A new portable trailer oven-img_1325.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: A new portable trailer oven

That is cool! I like the metal grape vines - nice touch. James, are you headed to Vegas? I wasn't aware of such an event - too short of a notice to make it, maybe next year. You think they would have scheduled it for Pi day.

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Apprentice

The oven looks great. I can't wait to see it next week at the Pizza expo.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Apprentice

I have pretty much the same oven - and it is my favorite oven out of all 4 that I have (1 mobile, 1 backyard, 2 restaurant). It makes amazing pizzas. I finally started marketing my mobile oven (ilcanerosso.com) and I have been totally swamped. Here are some links to recent coverage:

Dallas - City of Ate - Running On Pizza
SideDish Blog Archive Jay Jerrier’s Il Cane Rosso Comes to Times Ten Cellars
EATS Blog | Guidelive.com
Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Laborer

Looks amazing. I saw my first and only portable oven when I was visiting the farmers market in Boulder last year. How prone are portable ovens like these to cracks and fissures from movement on the road? Do the FB ovens (with fewer joints to worry about) hold up better on trailers than homemade ones? What extra precautions do you need to take if you're going to go portable?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Apprentice

Jay - Great to see you are busy with the mobile oven. I liked the press you are getting. I was interviewed last week by our paper and it should be in next Thursdays paper. I will post a link when it comes out.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi guys,

I'm not going to be there, but say hello to Joseph for me.

Also, we have a Modena G oven (gas/wood combo) in the GI Metal booth live and baking pizza -- GI Metal sponsors the Italian Squadra Nationale Acrobati Pizzaioli. Should be fun to watch. FB will be everywhere!

Jay, excellent marketing and I'm glad to hear the trailer is working out so well.

Carlos, I think it is true that the FB precast ovens hold up better to the jostling of trailer life with fewer seams. The Fire Within uses the Premo oven. That said, I have also seen trailer ovens with the Artigiano, but that is a professionally made brick dome that is very solid.

Enjoy your weekends everybody.
James