Old 01-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Serf

Default my new sydney oven

Its been in my head for ages, so I decided to get started and build the oven, I had lots of old cement blocks lying around the place and decided they would make a good stand for my oven so i laid a foundation of concrete and got to work cementing them into a plinth, they seemed very solid and i topped them off with double sheets of compressed concrete, then i poured 3 inches of concrete with reinforcing and let it all harden up, then i layed my fire bricks and got work with the dome, i layed the first cousre to get the shape right and then filled it with river sand and shaped it to make the dome, then continued with the bricks until it was sealed up, then on with the ceramic blanket insulation and then chicken wire, and then mortar mixed with heatproof mortar mixed about 3 inches thick, then i clad the outside with sandstone I had lying around the place and put in the chimney, i'll leave it now for a week to dry out and then fire it next week and hopefully I should be cooking in the near future, any ideas or comments welcome
Attached Thumbnails
my new sydney oven-image007.jpg   my new sydney oven-image010.jpg   my new sydney oven-image015.jpg   my new sydney oven-image025.jpg  
Old 01-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Laborer

Default Re: my new sydney oven

Looks cool Steptoe, let us know how it cooks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: my new sydney oven

Hi Steptoe, and I welcome yet another Aussie aboard.
All looks great, I bet you can't wait to get the fires going and the pizzas in.
Keep the pics coming, as alot of prospective members (including the ones who have built and are using their ovens) always get new ideas and enjoy the experiences of others.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 01-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Serf

Default Re: my new sydney oven

G'day from Canberra...cool oven mate