Old 09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Peasant

Default Michigan Patio Kitchen

Ok I moved over here because it looks like the right place to post pics of our progress. I'm not sure exactly how to post these so please be patient with me This is the plan, the site, and the complete slab. P70 will be in the corner on the left. More to come !!
Attached Thumbnails
Michigan Patio Kitchen-kit0.jpg   Michigan Patio Kitchen-kit3.jpg   Michigan Patio Kitchen-kit5.jpg  
Old 09-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Michigan Patio Kitchen

Nice rendering. I have a similar "L" shaped layout for my outdoor kitchen. I started with a plan to do a corner oven, same as you. At the end of the day, I decided to go with the oven on the short leg of the "L" and am happy I made that choice. I think the countertops lay out a bit better for prep. In the rendering, your oven looks awfully close to the BBQ. Might be easier with small oven such as the P70, but I figured I'd share my experience.

Michigan Patio Kitchen-wp_000097-1-.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
Nice rendering. I have a similar "L" shaped layout for my outdoor kitchen. I started with a plan to do a corner oven, same as you. At the end of the day, I decided to go with the oven on the short leg of the "L" and am happy I made that choice. I think the countertops lay out a bit better for prep. In the rendering, your oven looks awfully close to the BBQ. Might be easier with small oven such as the P70, but I figured I'd share my experience.

Attachment 31726
Thanks for the tip. I have adjusted the plan a bit and the range will be a bit farther to the right. Will have to play with oven placement a bit, which I understand is possible with a primavera and some elbow grease.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Master Builder

Nice looking plan you have there. I am "trying to finish" a corner build. The P70 looks to be 42" deep. In a corner placement you will need extra room at the rear and sides of your placement. Are you going with/or without the stand? What are your concrete dimensions? Just trying to figure out how it will fit there.
Tracy

Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman View Post
Nice looking plan you have there. I am "trying to finish" a corner build. The P70 looks to be 42" deep. In a corner placement you will need extra room at the rear and sides of your placement. Are you going with/or without the stand? What are your concrete dimensions? Just trying to figure out how it will fit there.
Tracy
Here is a pic with a 42" paper template on the slab. Masonry will extend approx 1.5" outside the slab and the counter-top another 1.5" The counter-top will come to a 45 in the L corner in front of the oven opening extending out approx 10" I'm going to move the oven back on the counter-top as far as possible - probably leaving an inch or so clearance in the rear. There will be a steel frame in the corner (not the FB stand) with concrete on steel under the granite in that area to support the oven. I know it's a small area, but that's really all I have to work with. I've been through the design 1000 times and am still nervous about it LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Michigan Patio Kitchen-kit-6.jpg  
Old 09-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Master Builder

That looks great. Glad to see you have it figured out. I like your setup and that is plenty of room, i think. Close to the house for convenience, too. Are you going to extend utilities to the area? (natural gas for grill and electric for a fridge, maybe water for a sink) I am still trying to figure out my design, so i know what you mean about the 1000x.
I really like the looks of the P70 and you will have a very nice kitchen there. You have saved yourself a lot of money as well going with that oven and you can take it with you should you ever need to. If i knew then what i know now, i think i would seriously consider one of the pre-built ovens. Glad i built mine, but the thought of setting one on the counter and starting a fire is awesome, too.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Master Builder

The paper template is 42"? You know the dome/insulation is outboard of that, ie hanging over the edge? Entryway extends even farther than that. Maybe I don't understand what your going to do.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Master Builder

The pre-built model (P70) he is using has the insulation/dome included in that 42" diameter. The oven is prebuilt and ready to go.
Texman

Old 09-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Master Builder

so it's not a 42" oven, more like 36" in our nomenclature.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwood View Post
so it's not a 42" oven, more like 36" in our nomenclature.
It's 28" inside and 42 OD.