Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Larger Primavera Oven -- P70

This is very exciting. We just finished the first prototypes for a larger Primavera oven. It's the Primavera70, and it has a 28" round cooking floor and 6" landing. It's just like the Primavera60 (P70), but 4" larger. That's a lot of extra cooking space. Very cool.

Still, the larger oven comes with a couple of things to think about.

First, it weighs about 600lbs, so you need a quite a few friends and neighbors to pick it up (at least 6), or you can use a mechanical lift.

Second, it does not come with a metal stand, and you will have to build a block stand for it. We don't feel good about having customers set such a large and heavy oven in a stand tray, and it will be much easier setting the P70 on top of a block stand and sliding it into place.

Third, it is 41" wide, so you will have to make sure you can it through your fence or gate. It is not designed to go on its side during transportation.

I think there are clear places where the Primavera60 and Primavera70 work best.

If your space or access is limited, you don't want to build a stand, and you want to set your oven in place and start cooking, the P60 is perfect. It is also easier to take with you if you move.

If you want a little more cooking space, are happy building a block stand and have access, the P70 is perfect.

Of course if you want a larger oven and want to do a custom installation, the Casa, Artigiano and Premio series modular ovens start at 31" and go up from there.

We will be testing the oven over the next few weeks.

Let me know what you think! We're excited!

James
Attached Thumbnails
Larger Primavera Oven -- P70-dsc04237.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Larger Primavera Oven -- P70

I'm thinking a piece of cast concrete drain pipe would be the ideal base for this:

It's cheap, and made locally in most places since it's expensive to ship.
Mitchamus likes this.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Laborer

James

Oven looks great. Any idea on the price in comparison to the P60. Can I get on the list for prototype testing??
Old 03-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi Carl,

Good idea. Let's talk about this off line. I'll contact you.

The price will be somewhat higher than the P60. Larger oven, but no stand.
James

Old 03-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Apprentice

How come there's a tonka truck in the photo?

Old 03-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryst View Post
How come there's a tonka truck in the photo?
Its to give you a sense of scale - and personally I think those concrete pipes might be a tad big for the oven...

Old 03-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Great minds Dmun,

When I installed my first modular oven in Italy, I saw a demo oven at a building supply store set on a round concrete drain pipe. I thought wow, this will be easy, and I drove to our nearby store. Well, those guys weigh a ton -- I remember not being able to lift one side by myself. Still, I was on my own, and it wouldn't fit in my Passat station wagon anyway. We need to look up how much they weigh.

The good part was that I found those hollow terracotta beams that you can't buy in the U.S. -- and they fit in the car.
James

Old 03-22-2009, 02:34 PM

Yes, those are big suckers (I don't think that's a tonka truck in the background) but it's what came up on the first page of google image search. They come in lots of sizes, and are heavy, but you'll need riggers (or good engineering) to get the oven in place, and the same skills could be used with the pipe. And unlike the oven, you can roll the pipe.

I've never understood, James, why you don't import those terra cotta lintels. I'm sure lots of folks would jump at the chance not to pour a second slab. They must come from the same general part of the world, if not the same furnaces, as the oven components.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey Dmun,

I've never been able to picture shipping such a low-tech item such long distances. In a sense, it only replaces the Hardiback and forms, as you still have to pour a concrete slab on top of it. Still, they're a great idea.

Here is a new photo of the P70 next to the P60 in my front garden. You can use Lizzy for a sense of perspective. :-) I think you can see that it is fundamentally the same, but larger.

James
Attached Thumbnails
Larger Primavera Oven -- P70-dsc04265.jpg  

Old 03-25-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
In a sense, it only replaces the Hardiback and forms, as you still have to pour a concrete slab on top of it.
My mistake - I thought they were strong enough to support the oven by themselves, much like our cast lintels are. I thought that this oven:

had only the terra-cotta lintels under the insulation. You're right, it doesn't make sense if they have to cast a slab on top.