Old 11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Laborer

Default The Greco's WFO - Long Island

The stand and hearth for my 36" oven are in the process of curing! This was a huge step for me. I have zero masonary experience, I am using the forno bravo plans and this forum as my guide.

Stand

I dry stacked the block for a planned corner design. I used 3" angle iron to span the opening for the corner angle. 1/2" rebar were placed in every other core and filled with readymix concrete. The stand is (4) 16" block on the full sides and 2.5 block on the short sides.

Hearth

I used backer board to span the block stand and built (2) 2x4 tables to support the backer board while the hearth is curing. I used 2x6 for the form which was screwed together and then wrapped using a thick ratchet strap to help prevent warping. To level the form I used shims between the form and form supports. There is 1/2 rebar on 12" centers within the concrete. I dont think I got a good picture of the rebar.

Things look good so far. Anything I need to do during the curing process? Or should I just leave it alone?

I will post hearth pics tomorrow. It got a little dark to take pics tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
The Greco's WFO - Long Island-angleironstand1.jpg   The Greco's WFO - Long Island-stand2.jpg  

Last edited by dsgreco; 11-15-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: The Greco's WFO - Long Island

Keep it from drying out for the first day. Drying out isn't likely to happen this time of year. Then be patient for a week while it cures.

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.