Old 10-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Found another one

Everywhere I go - there they are. Notice the vent hole in the top back of the oven. I don't know if this was capped off after the fire had died down or not. I hope that mine will look a little better after 80-90 years, not that I will be around to use it.

Les...
Attached Thumbnails
Found another one-another_oven-001.jpg   Found another one-another_oven-004.jpg   Found another one-another_oven-005.jpg   Found another one-another_oven-006.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Found another one

Very nice. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Fantastic piece of history - thanks for sharing.

I wonder if the last thing baked in it caused the damage (which looks quite extensive and not like a gradual decline). I bet it has a lot of stories to tell!!!

Rossco
Old 10-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Another nice find. Looks like an earhquake. Is there siesmic activity in Nevada, severe frost heave? Something made the earth move under this one.

RT
Old 10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTflorida View Post
Another nice find. Looks like an earhquake. Is there siesmic activity in Nevada, severe frost heave? Something made the earth move under this one.

RT
We are the third most active state (maybe tied w/ Hawaii). And it does get cold.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Master Builder

Maybe all our ovens will be historic sites someday!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Uhmmm... Maybe my little hairline cracks aren't so bad after all. That one in the back is a whopper!

Updated!

Old 10-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
Uhmmm... Maybe my little hairline cracks aren't so bad after all. That one in the back is a whopper!
Thats funny Ken - when I saw it, I thought "cracks happen". But this puppy has some issues. They may have got a bad bag of Refmix or Heatstop.

Les...

Old 10-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Les, you obviously didn't follow the same build method, they used juuuuust a tad more mortar in their joints.
Guess there is a lot to be said for the cut to fit method, although, it is amazing gravity has not taken over and that large chunk has not fallen out.
If ou go back, be sure to watch out for the rockslides.....you may loose a foot.

RT
Old 10-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Les -- it was there in your neighborhood all along. What a great find. Thanks! We're lucky, the Pierini brothers didn't have the Internet; they had to do it from memory.
James