Old 07-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Serf

Default Casa 110 installation at our cabin

I've started documenting the construction of our Casa 110 on Stuart Island in the US San Juan Islands. The crate arrived today in Seattle, and over the past two weeks we put the foundation in place:

supercub : photos : Building a Wood Oven - powered by SmugMug

Next step is to transport the oven components (by truck, then ferry, then private barge, then truck again) to our cabin site. More pictures to come...

The Forno Bravo Casa installation directions have been very useful in getting to this stage. The photo gallery has a little bit of a 'story' to the stages, so I won't repeat that info here.

Marc
Old 07-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Casa 110 installation at our cabin

Interesting touch on the hearth Marc. Are you going to build an enclosure around it or make an igloo? Those pictures bring back a lot of sweaty memories. The next time I sail in the San Juans I'll keep my eyes peeled for smoke. Anywhere near Reid Hbr?
Old 07-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Serf

Default Re: Casa 110 installation at our cabin

We moor in Reid Harbor, but our cabin is across the island, just SW from the Turn Point lighthouse; we face due west.

The initial plan is to use an igloo enclosure perhaps with a large shed roof that would allow for a covered cook/prep area around the oven. I don't need the mass of a large enclosure nor do I have the materials on-site to do a gable style. But, the cool thing is that by starting with the Igloo we'll have options!