Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Roasted Corn with Lime

Have you tried roasted corn?

We have a good Indian friend who taught us about this fast food dish....apparently you buy it from street vendors in India....and I'm pretty sure we're talking about the Tandoor oven.

.....basically roast your husked corn cob until about 1/2 of the kernals are blackened. Keep turning until it's evenly done the way you like it.

Now, cut a lime in half and sprinkle with salt. Rub that on the corn and eat. (Really, give it a try it's great. We switched from butter after we had this)

I've done it on the BBQ grill and over an open fire (my paella pit) and it will definately work equally well on the Tuscan Grill in your oven.

Alternative method.....We also cook corn by soaking the corn, unhusked, in salt water and then putting it on the grill. Throw the wet husk in your WFO on the coals or on the hearth....then you have steamed corn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Serf

Default Re: Roasted Corn with Lime

It seems very delicious yummy..... i will try to make this at my home