Old 08-13-2009, 04:02 AM
Serf

Default Vent Size, mortar floor: Please Help!

Building a 42" oven. The Plans show a 4.5" deep vent landing. Threads and pictures and discussion suggest the vent opening should be deeper. If my vent width will approach 20", the width of my opening, how deep does the vent need to be to get a good draw??? Can it be too big?? I'll use a SS vent that funnels down to a somewhat smaller flue.

2nd, we used a thin layer of type N mortar to help set floor bricks on the 4" vermiculite concrete floor. Am I screwed?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Vent Size, mortar floor: Please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
Building a 42" oven. The Plans show a 4.5" deep vent landing. Threads and pictures and discussion suggest the vent opening should be deeper.
Hi Tom,

I have a 42" oven. My vent opening is exactly 4" deep. Here's the link to my vent construction pics:
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/21/m...html#post19105 (My Old Kentucky Dome)

My draw is excellent; I wouldn't hesitate to build one of these indoors.

Quote:
2nd, we used a thin layer of type N mortar to help set floor bricks on the 4" vermiculite concrete floor. Am I screwed?
There is no need to use anything to bond the floor bricks to the floor. That being said, you won't have any problems. You are definitely not screwed.

Be sure to post some pics of your progress!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.